Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from its conception, through design and manufacture, to service and disposal. Hence, in this course the student will be exposed virtually to all the above mentioned process which otherwise has to be learnt by visiting a firm. As PLM is the holistic software which covers all the domains of Mechanical/Aeronautical/Marine Engineering such as design, analysis and manufacturing.
What do Students Learn?
1. Solid Edge: It is a solid modeling software used for parts which are not too complex. This is a medium level modeling software.
2. NX CAD: Redefines CAD productivity with unique High Definition 3D technology and powerful new design tools that boost their efficiency, accelerate the design process, lower costs, and improve decision-making while enhancing the 3D aspects of the High Definition PLM framework.
3. Teamcenter: Teamcenter software’s complete PLM solution for aerospace, defense and virtually all engineering/ product services addresses the industry’s need to pursue and execute programs that deliver highly engineered products against rigorously stated contract commitments and performance requirements. Teamcenter’s configurable solution incorporates best practices that increase your PLM investment’s time to value and enable your extended value chain to effectively collaborate in globally integrated delivery programs.
1. Student Benefits
- Assists the student to build PLM expertise
- Assists the student to prepare for Siemens certification
- Connects student to the right job before graduating
2. College Benefits
- State-of-the-art PLM software Lab
- Global Partnership with PLM Major – Siemens
- Latest PLM software for the lab usage
- Industry-Institution Engagement Platform
- Faculty Development Programs
- Pool of PLM Certified students
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Product Development Engineer
- FEA Engineer
- Structural Analysis Engineer
- Stress Analyst
- Manufacturing Engineer
The lab includes Siemens licensed PLM software